Walking Tour 1 : An easy walk of about 1.6 km past many historic sites
Map Icons from: Maps Icons Collection https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com
- Walk starts at Davenport Square
- Crosses Venables Street to the Anglican Church
- Then over Todd Street and down Venables Street
- Turn R onto Sturt Street footbridge
- Cross the footbridge and up a small rise to Cunliffe Street see the old Wesleyen Methodist Church on the corner
- Return over the footbridge and turn right onto Venables Street and continue to Mary MacKillop Way.
- Cross Mary MacKillop Way and pass the old St Joseph's School building and St James the Less Catholic Church continue to Luck Street
For a longer walk why not take in Crystal Lake Park on Devereux Street at the south end of Macclesfield
- Turn right on Luck Street and a short walk to the site of the old Anglican Church and graveyard
- After the gravesite walk back along Luck Street
- Pass Wesel Kepertís House, Dickie Tonkinís Shop and Store Room.
- On the corner of Luck and Parin Street is the School Oval once the original general cemetery.
- Continue on to the Carpark and Davenport Square.
Back to the Macclesfield Community History website